Saturday, June 7, 2014

Walk Two Moons in My Moccasins...

It is so easy for people to pass judgment on others. Especially when you have not experienced what the other person has. Sometimes, regardless of having been out of high school for what seems a lifetime, we find people picking us apart. It could be about our hair, our body, our choices, our significant others- you name it, someone somewhere will be judging you.

We are going to meet people in our lives that have an abundance of knowledge in things that we have never had the opportunity of learning, doing things that we never have experienced. When we come across this, it is our job as a mindful individual to accept that it may not be for us, who we are, or who we want to be, but we should have respect for the other and their knowledge, beliefs, and choices. We don’t have to understand it all, nor experience it, but be respectful. Respectful that their choices and actions make them them, and yours make you you.

I wish for you an abundance of wisdom
I wish for you the ability to put yourself into my path
Walk two moons in my moccasins before you pass judgment
I do not wish for you to understand who I am or why I do what I do
I wish for you the ability to respect me as an individual
As I have respect for you
Let me be free
Unbound by the chains of negativity, conformity, and guidelines
Alis volat propriis
Let me fly with my own wings
As you are free to fly with yours
Love me when I need it most
Love me when I need it least
Love me for me
Not for who you expect me to be
I love you for all that you are
All that you want to be
Let’s create a world where instead of picking apart each other
We encourage and lift each other up
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi
Let’s dance in the moonlight amongst the flowers
We can dismiss all negativity, judgment, and preconceived notions
We can be whole, at peace, at one with who we truly are

No comments:

Post a Comment