Sunday, March 9, 2014

Be courageous…

The struggle of starting this blog has really made me question some things…I may be a little too open- maybe... It's in my genetic makeup. I wear my heart on my sleeve, my feelings on my face, and I am not good at keeping how I feel inside…makes me feel as though I will explode if I don't just let it all go! My intentions of sharing my life is the hopes that I can reach someone…maybe help someone who is going through something similar, or who has, or who will. I want to be that ear, the help you need when you don't know where else to go, to encourage you through all the ups and downs through the journey of life. I feel that is my calling in life- and for that, I will not apologize for being so open...Everyone needs someone sometimes…

I'm launching this blog for my birthday…Another year older, another year wiser…? ;) I'm at a really good place in my life! Not where I ever imagined myself to be at 28…but I wouldn't trade it for anything! An independent, self-reliant, growing, ever changing, woman on a journey. I thought, as a child, that by 25 I'd have my life all figured out, but I took the path less traveled. And I wouldn't be who I am today if it were not for my struggles and journeys of my yesterdays. And in that journey- I found myself, I learned to love myself, and learned- don't compromise yourself, you are all you have… I am still in the process of creating "who I am truly meant to be" and it's a journey that will continue for life. This journey is teaching me a little thing called patience, which I have very little of…I think that's the Universe's plan- to teach me patience!

"A jug fills drop by drop…" ~ Buddha 

The goal of my life is to live each day to the fullest. To never take a breath, a sunrise, a sunset, a song, a meal, a love, for granted. To find the beauty in it all. It's so easy for us to focus on the negative. To let it fester within our minds, heart, and soul…That breaks us down…Live…Don't decompose at the instant of fear, rejection, hate, negativity…Grow from it...

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place..." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I strongly encourage everyone to take a few minutes out of each day and mediate on your day, your life, the world around you…Journal. Do some yoga, hike, get active! Listen to musicFind what it is that makes your heart sing and your soul feel it's being hugged! Talk to good friends about your dreams, passions, and even pains- they can help you! Don't ever be afraid of what they think- if they judge you, let them go…You don't need that. You are the company in which you keep, so surround yourself with an amazing group of friends! (And I am ever thankful for my amazing family & friends!)

Know that life isn't going to be easy, but it will be worth it
No one said that it would be easy…
So live out your dreams! 

"Your dreams are a poetic reflection of your soul's wishes. Be courageous enough to follow them..." ~ Steve Maraboli

No comments:

Post a Comment